We operate in the Arkansas River Valley near Poteau, OK
Welcome to our family farm
We’re a family owned and operated small farm.
We sell mostly goats, occasionally cows, calves, cow’s milk, and Great Pyrenees puppies.
All our animals do everything together, they treat each other like family. They do fight sometimes, mostly over food.
The rest of the time, they all graze together in perfect harmony, or spend time cleaning each other (actually it’s the cow who licks all the goats and the dogs).
Our goats came originally from a local Meat Goat Breeder named Sweet Creek Farm, that we continue to have a breeding relationship with. Our goats are all a crossbreed mix of dairy and meat: Boer/Nubian/Kiko/Spanish.
This crossbreed mix, developed by Sweet Creek Farm, was aimed to produce a better meat and dairy mix goat, with bigger frames, better mothers, higher parasite resistance, easier to handle, more vigor and more color.
We sell goats, newborn kids, and occasionally cows, calves, cow milk
and Great Pyrenees puppies
She won’t let her kids play with the other kids…
Facts about goats
Let us give you some facts about these funny and loving animals:
▪ Usually goats are very friendly in nature and very lovable.
▪ Goat meat and milk are cholesterol free and easily digestible.
▪ Goat milk is used for making various types of foods and it’s easier to digest than cow’s milk.
▪ Goats are very suitable for mixed farming with other domestic animals.
▪ There are less diseases in goats than other domestic animals.
▪ Goats can tolerate high and low temperature throughout the world and live happily. They can better tolerate hotter climates than
▪ Goat milk also has lesser allergy problems.
▪ Don’t ever be on the same side of the fence with a male goat…and that goes for bulls too! The wethers, male goats that have been neutered, on the other hand, are very gentle and sweet!
Giving thanks to God for all things.
Site designed and maintained by Web-Print Solutions 2020
All rights reserved © 2020 Buttercup Valley Farm